Tuesday, 1 September 2009

//BONER



Those of you that know me will know i have a bit of a (read: fucking huge) crush on lily allen. To be honest, when she first came onto the scene a few years back i wasn't overly impressed by her. Her look was a bit too little girly with a hint of chavette and her music struck me as the sort of stuff teenage girls hate their boyfriends to. I didn't DISLIKE her, she just wasn't for me.



Then out of nowhere came Lily Allen version 2.0, gone was the teenage chavette, replaced by a fully grown, fully sexual woman. I was somewhat smitten. Now, knowing this you probably won't be surprised to know i was rather chuffed to hear she was going to be on the cover of octobers ELLE magazine. Shot by Rankin and dressed in custom pieces by top British Designers.



When i first saw the shoot on thefashionspot i was not disappointed. I'd go as far as to say it's replaced the shoot she did for Q Magazine a few months back as my favorite she's done. When i got my hands on a copy of the magazine (a full 4 days early, thank you mr newsagent) i was ever so slightly disappointed. Not to say she doesn't look fantastic, i just think they could have used the shots a little better.

Anyway, enough of my blabbering on. Here are some links to the pictures and a behind the scenes video. Enjoy!

Full shoot in HQ @ oh-lily.com

My crappy snaps @ thefashionspot

Behind the scenes video @ elleuk.com

5 comments:

  1. She looks gorg, but I still think the GQ shoot was my favourite Lily shoot so far!

    http://www.gqmagazine.co.uk/girls/cover_girls/slideshows/090203-lily-allen.aspx

    Although she did look great in that one for Another, too... (I think it was Another!) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, she looked buffting in GQ. i can't remember her doing a shoot for another, she did one for paper with pink hair but it's not all that. are you thinking of interview? x

    http://www.oh-lily.com/photos/thumbnails.php?album=523

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, it's not that one... err, I dunno then? I have the pictures at home. They're grey-ish? Man, I am so mega rubbish! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmm, i dunno then. next time i'm looking through her pictures i'll see if there are any candidates. not that i spend hours on end gazing longingly at pictures of lily allen. okay, i totaly do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still think the GQ shoot was my favourite Lily shoot so far!

    eminem video

    ReplyDelete